A world-changing company
Palantir is a place where designers spend their days working on problems that matter. In our short history, we've empowered scientists monitoring the environment, prevented the spread of disease, taken down human trafficking networks, helped homeowners avoid foreclosure, prevented fraud in Medicare, and helped governments save billions.
Sound exciting? We think so.
The Product Design team
We design the futuristic and visionary software from science fiction cinema — except ours is real, and is used to solve the world's most complex information problems. Our team's work has a profound impact across the company: we work on every feature and every interface that users touch — for desktop, mobile, and web. The design team is highly valued in the company for our vision, our ability to learn and adapt, and our creativity and inventiveness.
The product designer
Sometimes we’re out in front, exploring brand-new problem spaces, figuring out what to build. And sometimes we’re deep in the details of micro-interactions, figuring out how to build it. We lead feature teams in design exercises ranging from day-long design studios to week-long design sprints.
A great Product Designer knows that form informs function and usability — that the surface layer doesn't exist in a vacuum — and that means the partnership with the Visual Designer is a two-way conversation. We believe it is often important to have an owner for each of these facets. Dedicated roles help us ensure that we can meet the high bar of quality we’ve set for ourselves. Product Designers own the user experience of our products along with Visual Designers, User Researchers, and Product Engineers. Together, we refine and evolve the quality of all Palantir software.
What we value
- Excellent communication skills. You have a proven ability to build great relationships, and convey and debate design rationale. You are the person that people can’t wait to collaborate with.
- Empathy, not ego. We strive to understand our users and we fight to empower them.
- A profound love of engineers. Palantir is an engineering company, and we get to work with some of the best in the world. Engineers realize our vision — and we realize theirs — and together we create software that our users love.
- A highly iterative design process. We move fast, we listen, and we adapt. We rapidly incorporate feedback, and we relentlessly collaborate. You must be adept at giving and receiving critiques.
- A mastery of tools. We move with ease across software and fidelity, depending on the task at hand. Sketch.app, hand-coding, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Keynote — and good old-fashioned pencil and paper.
Please note: this is not an industrial design role.
:) Apply Now