At Palantir, we hire world-class engineers to solve the most difficult problems in scaling massive distributed systems, machine learning, and information retrieval. But that's just a prerequisite for meeting the world's most pressing analytic challenges. The revolution in analysis is being driven by reducing the friction between humans and computers, and we need your help to build momentum on this front. Whether we’re building the next system for interactive analysis with billion row databases, fine-tuning the usability of a common workflow, or designing completely new analytic methods -- we need your skills.
You care deeply about usability, understand the difference between a power user and a noob (and can simultaneously design an interface for them both!), obsess over pixel perfection, read Tufte before bed, demand that animations smoothly ease in and out, and want to build software that people love to use.
So do we.
- Passion for creating a great user experience with extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency in modern web development (our stack uses CoffeeScript, LESS, Backbone.js, etc. but other experience is fine) and/or Java Swing
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- User interface prototyping experience in Photoshop or similar tool a plus
- Experience in product, interaction, and visual design a plus
- Proficiency in Android, HTML5, iOS, or other mobile development frameworks is a plus
:) Apply Now