What Full Stack Software Engineers do
Our engineers are involved in all parts of the product lifecycle: brainstorming, design, prototyping, planning, execution, and shipping. We brainstorm to understand and explore the difficult problem spaces we tackle, and work with our talented design team to come up with solutions for the hardest problems we discover (product, visual, and technical). We code (there is lots of coding), and finally, ship and own products that directly impact the world.
Examples of our work
We’ve built a web-based mapping interface that handles millions of data points dynamically displayed on the map at once.
We’ve created mobile software to help victims of the devastating natural disasters like Hurricane Sandy. The relief teams on the ground needed features that weren’t yet out of the development stage, and engineers across the country pulled an all-nighter to get the software deployed as soon as the hurricane hit. Because of our work, disaster relief teams were able to increase the number of damage sites they could track in a single day tenfold with every site tracked automatically geotagged and imported into Palantir.
We’ve built a tool to process large sets of data conflicts among different Palantir use cases with a UI that allows non-technical users to easily identify the root cause of thousands of conflicts and effectively sync data across multiple servers.
Technologies we use
- CSS / LESS for making our products beautiful
- Java for our backend work
- HTML templating languages like Handlebars
- Common open source frameworks like jQuery, Backbone, Underscore, Leaflet and d3
- Internal frameworks that we’ve crafted to serve our rapid iteration
What we value
- You're cool with working with others. Our jobs aren’t done in a vacuum and everyone contributes to get the job done.
- You’re not afraid to make mistakes because without challenge, you’re not learning.
- Speaking of learning, you have a constant desire to grow and develop.
- You care about great design, not only in the product and visual sense, but also in your code and technical architecture.
- You are passionate about product craftsmanship, and can balance that with shipping something relevant.
- You move fast with a sense of urgency.
- You want to work on things that actually make an impact on the world.
:) Apply Now