A world-changing company
At Palantir, we develop the world’s leading products for data analysis and we deploy them against problems that truly matter—uncovering human trafficking rings, containing the spread of infectious diseases, combating fraud, stopping cyber attacks, protecting privacy and civil liberties, prosecuting complex financial crimes, providing relief to victims of natural disasters, and more.
Sound exciting? We think so, too.
The Identity team
We’re Palantir’s creative shop, and we solve communications problems. From explaining complex technical concepts, to capturing stories about the impact we’re having with our customers, to documenting our engineering culture, our goal is to produce creative products that clearly and memorably express who we are, what we do, and why we do it.
The web designer
Out in the field, Palantirians are helping to solve the hardest problems at the world’s most important institutions. At home, they are constantly recreating a unique culture that makes this kind of work possible. On the Identity team, the web designer will create tools and platforms that enable Palantirians to share their stories across a growing community and to a growing external audience. The web designer will combine expertise in user experience, information architecture, as well as web and graphic design to produce artful, innovative products that reflect the company’s engineering mindset.
As owner of Palantir.com, the web designer will responsible for of our company’s foremost channel of communication with the rest of the world: Palantir.com. The website is intended to be a living medium for content that represents Palantir’s identity and engineering standards in both its design and execution, and the web designer will be its chief steward.
What you’ll do
- Own existing portfolio of web-based communication platforms, chiefly Palantir.com
- Design and develop web-based projects with an emphasis on rich interaction
- Independently manage projects, end-to-end, with excellent communication and organization
- Maintain productive, collaborative relationships with creative partners and internal customers
- Collaborate with designers, photographers, engineers, writers, and videographers to create interactive digital storytelling pieces
Skills you’ll need
- 1-3 years experience
- You’ve had experience templating (and hacking) in WordPress
- You have a passion for creating a great user experience with pixel perfect attention to detail
- A portfolio of representative work in user experience, interaction, and visual design (experience working with clients a plus!)
- Must be based in Palo Alto
- Wireframing and prototyping experience in the Adobe Suite
:) Apply Now