A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we develop the world's leading products for data analysis and we deploy them against problems that truly matter—uncovering human trafficking rings, containing the spread of infectious diseases, combating fraud, stopping cyber attacks, protecting privacy and civil liberties, prosecuting complex financial crimes, providing relief to victims of natural disasters, and more.
Finance Operations Analysts are working hard to build the financial infrastructure of Palantir Technologies. This means that we are constantly building new financial models, systems, procedures and analyses that will scale with Palantir’s exponential growth. Fin-Ops Analysts are jack-of-all-trades. Our team has a vast skillset and is comprised of Financial Analysts, Accountants, Tax Gurus, Database Whizzes, Domestic and International Payroll Experts, and Expense Analysts. Our wide range of skills allows us to tackle any problem regardless of where it lies.
As a Fin-Ops Analyst you will hit the ground running-learning new skills every day as you experience life in a dynamic, high-growth, unstructured environment. Fin-Ops Analysts need to know the ins and outs of every financial system and process at Palantir. Newcomers will learn everything they need to know about the organization from the ground up through a series of training and professional growth programs.
Palantir is a strict meritocracy; we offer the opportunity to take responsibility over new projects as quickly as you can handle them. After mastering many different skill sets, you have free reign to create and to manage your own projects. Unlike traditional operations roles, our Finance Operations Analysts are exposed to hard problems spanning several different financial verticals, making for an exciting, unique, and educational professional experience.
Palantir’s Fin-Ops team is enthusiastic, fun, and tight-knit. We execute in a project-based environment with collaboration at every turn. We aren’t interested in keeping our heads down and entering data—we are passionate about improving how we work every day. We identify problems, old and new, create solutions, and implement them. We’re building the necessary systems to scale Palantir as a company, and our impact is visible throughout the business.
- Identify, destroy, and re-build old systems that will not scale with Palantir’s Growth
- Identify, track, and create new metrics to improve business processes through analysis
- Create, implement, and track fiscal requirements across 20+ business sectors
- Act as a liaison between Finance and the Business Development and Engineering teams across the company and around the globe
- Iterate on financial & operational models built from scratch and then implement them
- Seek out unsolved problems and take initiative to address them
- Execute day-to-day operations of the Finance team: transactions processing, data entry, data cleansing, and quality control
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Extremely hard worker, ethical, thoughtful, and most importantly, genuine
- 1-3 years of experience in a technology start-up environment