A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we develop the world's leading products for data analysis and we deploy them against problems that truly matter—uncovering human trafficking rings, containing the spread of infectious diseases, combating fraud, stopping cyber attacks, protecting privacy and civil liberties, prosecuting complex financial crimes, providing relief to victims of natural disasters, and more.
Our apps make Palantir more efficient and better connected, and are critical to every team’s success. It’s on the Internal Applications Engineers to decide how best to solve the problems laid out in front of them. This role is for a builder—someone who can learn what our teams need, architect an app, design the interface, make the backend fast, and the code interoperable. They love working with users and owning the solution from the ideas-on-napkins phase all the way to deployment.
The Internal Applications Team
Being a member of Internal Applications is about solving problems for a scaling company. With our accumulated experience and insight across a myriad of technologies, our team shapes a suite of internal products that have a profound effect on the success of our teams. We anticipate the needs of Palantir, solve emerging problems, and collaborate with our core teams to turn abstract goals into reality. This means being deeply involved in the creation of custom internal applications as well as bending third party products to our will. We own projects from beginning to end, see our work shift often, and relish in seeing our efforts immediately impact Palantir.
Technologies we use
- Ruby on Rails for flexible webapps
- Python, Ruby, Groovy, and Bash for scripting tasks
- Common open-source frameworks like jQuery, AngularJS, Backbone.js, D3, Haml, and Sass
- Java for making plugins
- MySQL for storage
- ElasticSearch for searching
What we value
- You’re cool with working with others—our jobs aren’t done in a vacuum and everyone contributes to get the job done
- You’re not afraid to make mistakes because without challenge, you’re not learning
- Speaking of learning, you have a constant desire to grow and develop
- You care about great design, not only in the product and visual sense, but also in your code and technical architecture
- You are passionate about product craftsmanship and can balance that with shipping something relevant
- You move fast with a sense of urgency
- You want to work on things that make an impact on the world