decisions across the NHS
Find out how healthcare
professionals in NHS
Systems and Trusts can
harness the power of
their data to improve
For the first time, NHS organisations can get their own Foundry instance – a secure environment to process their data. All NHS organisations are invited to sign up today.
Palantir Foundry is a platform that reimagines how people use data by removing the barriers between back-end data management and front-end data analysis. Foundry enables users with varying technical ability and deep subject matter expertise to work meaningfully with data. With Foundry, organisations can source, connect, and transform data into any shape they desire, then use it to take action.
Systems and Trust administrators can connect their own Foundry instance to the wide range of health systems they control. Foundry supports most healthcare technology systems out of the box. Once plugged in, Systems and Trusts can begin to use data in clinical and operational workflows straightaway.
Foundry for Integrated
Foundry for Systems includes a set of applications that empower every ICS to provide truly joined-up care by removing barriers to collaboration while protecting patient data.
System Integrated Operational Dashboard
- Systems can identify bottlenecks in care pathways, proactively anticipate referral demand changes, manage capacity allocation, and ensure the equitable treatment of under-serviced communities.
- System operations suffer from disconnected data silos and unreliable data: the data needed to improve patient pathways are scattered in databases across primary care, acute, mental health, and community care.
- With the System Integrated Operational Dashboard, Integrated Care Systems can bring those silos together and finally have real-time information from across the region. It’s now easy to understand how a surge in one part of the system can impact the rest, and proactively take action.
- Data Controllers, at every step in the pathway, remain in control of their data. Controllers can place technical constraints on the information shared with the rest of the System, and ensure all use meets the principles of proportionality and data minimisation.
Primary Care Operational Pressure
- Providing Primary Care Network Leads with information from across network to understand demand for different types of appointments. The Primary Care Operational Pressure Escalation Framework Tool provides Primary Care leads with curated, realtime data made understandable through intuitive applications that pull together aggregated workforce data alongside appointment data to highlight demand pressures that surgeries face.
Acute Covid-19 Recovery Management
- The Acute Covid Recovery Management Tool highlights the impact of referrals and conversion rates on the size and shape of the waitlist. It’s vital that Speciality Heads can question, validate, and take action in reaction to key metrics across the System. Most critically, with Foundry it is now possible to track the outcomes of those decisions at each stage in the pathway, and understand the impact on waitlists.
Discharge Optimisation & Patient Flow Management
- Foundry for Integrated Care Systems enables users across acute, community and social care settings to proactively identify bottlenecks as patients move from one care setting to the next; and assess the success of policies such as "Discharge to Assess" and "Home First", and make adjustments in real time.
Foundry for Trusts
Foundry for Trusts is a set of applications that empower every Trust to provide truly joined-up care by removing barriers to collaboration while protecting patient data.
Waiting List Management
- Foundry for Trusts integrates data from Trust PASs to enable consultants, schedulers and data quality teams to actively manage trust waitlists from a shared source of truth. Data quality issues are automatically flagged to the relevant user groups, enabling clean and up-to-date waitlists across the trust.
- Foundry for Trusts supports clinicians to conduct the RCS Surgical Reprioritisation by providing a systematic way to track surgical waitlists, and the reprioritisation of patients on the waitlist.
- The Foundry Theatre Scheduling module builds on the cleaned waitlist data to facilitate a shared source of truth which consultants, anaesthetists, schedulers and theatre management teams can use to manage upcoming theatre sessions.
- Data is integrated from the PAS, Annual Leave Tracker and Anaesthetist Rotas to provide a 360 view on planned sessions. Consultants are able to request directly to their schedulers to book in additional patients to upcoming sessions if capacity is available, maximising theatre utilisation.
- Active confirmation of upcoming sessions by all stakeholders to ensure that last-minute cancellations are avoided, increasing theatre productivity.
Discharge Patient Tracking List
- Foundry for Discharge Planning enables multi-disciplinary discharge teams to triage patients from a shared source of truth to ensure that each patient is discharged at the right time, to the right setting with the right care package in place.
Information Governance and Security
Foundry was built with
at its core.
Foundry includes powerful and configurable tools that allow responsible collaboration and appropriate sharing, while still moving quickly with confidence in the protection of patient privacy.
Your data always remains in your
control, in your privacy-by-design
- Your organisation will be set up with a dedicated Foundry instance to store your data.
- You have exclusive control over who can access your Foundry instance and the data within.
- All data is encrypted, both in transit and at rest. Foundry records access and modifications to data in comprehensive audit logs, available to administrators for review.
Purpose-Based Access Controls allow Data Privacy Officers and Information Governance teams real-time control over who can access each data asset, and for what purposes it may be used. They also provide automated reporting and record-keeping to enable access decisions to be inspected.
Foundry supports a range of data minimisation approaches to support using the minimum necessary confidential data for different purposes. This includes tooling to facilitate pseudonymisation and the application of patient opt outs.
Foundry allows you to share data with other Foundry instances at your discretion. Authorised users can also configure data exports to a variety of open systems and standard formats, allowing Foundry to be a fully interoperable part of your data landscape.
Foundry is certified as meeting ISO 27001, ISO 27017, and ISO 27018, and complies with the NCSC Cloud Security Principles. Palantir also holds DSP Toolkit at Standards Exceeded and Cyber Essentials Plus. Foundry has a UK Region so NHS content is stored and processed in the UK.
Foundry is an interactive and open development platform. Supported by thorough documentation and optional training, first and third-party developers can build their own applications on top of Foundry.
Applications are de-coupled from the data, and instead configured against a common data model across NHS organisations.
A common data model supports application developers and customers. Developers can now can now build once and deploy across any Foundry instance easily.
For example, an application developed in conjunction with one hospital is decoupled from the data and can be quickly re-deployed at another hospital.
Additionally, developers can improve discovery of their applications by publishing their applications to the NHS Foundry Catalogue, available to all administrators across the NHS.
The developer community is growing fast, and already includes all five NHS Commissioning Support Units (CSUs) and independent British HealthTech organisations.